Before you pull away with your camping trailer for a well-deserved break use this checklist. You know the old saying, prevention is better than a cure.Camping Trailer Checklist:
- Tyre pressure: Check the tyre pressure of your wheels (and do not forget about the spare).
- Nuts and bolts: Check nuts and bolts holding the coupler for stretching and/or fatigue.
- Spring bracket: Check the 2 nuts holding the spring in place for fatigue and ensure the ny-lock is secure.
- Grease run-in brake to ensure smooth operation
- Wheel bearings: check for excessive play.
- Licence: Check the license date. Ensure you have a valid license.
- Battery: Is it charging AND staying charged.
- Jockey wheel: Is it operating normally, grease if necessary
- Lights: Connect your 4×4 camping trailer and check your brake lights, left and right indicator as well as your hazards. Are they all working? Replace as needed.